Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lists, Lists, Lists

I am more than willing to admit, that I am perpetual listmaker. I'm probably a bit OCD about it if I were to be completely honest. Back in college, I used to seperate my lists into quadrants - school, Theta, personal, misc (random category of the moment). Now, when I've got a long to do list, I break it down into - home/around the house, work, financial, personal (i.e. gifts to buy, pick up drycleaning, etc.)
Currently, I've got a growing list all about moving. Things I need to start thinking about getting done. I'm very excited that with this move I don't need to get new doctors, normally that's always an item on my list.
Yesterday, I called and got the new utilities at the house switched into my name so that the cleaners could come in and clean in exchange for a $50 gift certificate.
I'm up to about 20 items with my list. A  lot of it involves changing my address, switching and canceling service from one location to the next. And then packing, cleaning, and getting rid of things. When you move, what's the thing that you always forget to do?
And now, I'm off to look at paint colors.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am a list maker too. only way to go. i even make my grocery list in order of foods that i will encounter in the grocery story..aisle by aisle so i can get in and out of there as fast as i can. last stop: 24 minutes and 80 bucks worth of groceries. i credit this to my fabulous list.

MrsNick said...

Sarah, I have a lot in common with you. I too make my list according to grocery aisles and grocery store. The thing I always like to do when I move is how to delegate the moving and where items go. That way everyone is on the same page and knows where to take furniture and boxes. Unless you are having professional movers?? I've never experienced this luxury; however, would probably organize this in the same fashion.

Bekah said...

Professional movers are wonderful - they moved me from WDM to MI to Omaha. They packed and moved my boxes to rooms. It's where all my boxes came from (yay free wadrobe boxes). That said, my company isn't moving me across town. So I might hire someone to move my bed and couch and a few other things since it's going up and down some serious steps. Everything else will be done with personal muscle, mainly mine. :)