Thursday, April 7, 2011

Royals Opening Day

Karson and I headed to KC for the Royals Opening Day and a weekend of fun. I got to meet one of his brothers, several of his friends and his grandma.  He also got to meet more of my friends. All in all it was a pretty fun weekend. It was only the second major league baseball game that I'd ever been to, so going to opening day was pretty cool. The weather was a bit chilly and rainy.  We did most of our "tailgating" indoors at a bar in the Plaza area.  Karson took a lot of photos, here's some highlights.
Karson and I at 810Zone Restaurant (it's not even noon)

Karson's brother and his girlfriend. Karson and myself.

Gates BBQ, I had a Burnt End sandwich. It was pretty tasty. I did NOT need the french fries we got.


Heading into the K
We had seats in the upper deck on the 3rd base side, we opted to go stand with some people in the outfield area in the 6 or 7th inning. I look REAL sober here.

At some hole in the wall bar, after this we headed back to the Plaza for a bit and then off to pass out for the night.

No comments: