Friday, October 18, 2013

Nashville Flea Market

At the end of September, we headed South to visit Karson's brother and sister-in-law and their cute kiddos. I had never been on an Army base before. It was fun to see the differences/similarities between the Air Force and Army bases. His sister-in-law has been great with my transition to military spouse life, answering questions, sharing stories from when she and K's brother first got married and moved, etc. It has been beyond helpful!
We spent time grilling out, playing Scrabble, going to church and having a movie night watching Tangled with the kids.
When deciding what to do with our Sunday afternoon, my sister-in-law mentioned there was a flea market in Nashville that happens monthly and happened to be that weekend. Karson's interest in going was not much, and his brother's was even less. The kiddos were even less excited. So off the two of us went in search of something fun. I must admit, I've been to many garage and estate sales over the years, but never a flea market. I'm also not a good negotiator.
We arrived and began wandering around when I spotted a chandelier painted blue and turned into centerpiece. Originally $40, it had been reduced to $30 because it was Sunday. I mentioned I liked it, S-I-L thought it was cute. She knew her husband would hate it if she brought it home. I figured K wouldn't really care one way or another. S-I-L went to work. I paid $22 for it! Score!
Here's a link to the Nashville Flea Market if you're ever in the area and want to go check it out. It's supposed to be one of the top Flea Market's in the country. http://www.nashvilleexpocenter.org/expo/fleamarket/dates.asp
Here my find on our dining room table. Need to buy candles for it


No comments: