Friday, August 21, 2009

30 going on 13?

So for the past few months my face has been breaking out and I can't get it to stop. It's driving me nuts. I have always been somewhat lucky that while I'm the pasty kid, my skin has been relatively clear. Occassional zit, sure. Explosion across the face. Not cool, not cool at all. Suddenly, I've got acne worse than I did in high school. While it's still not awful (thank goodness) I'm annoyed as all get out. I've tried about everything I can think of.... I changed my make up - I had switched to Bare Escentuals and I switched back to Clinique. I was using a liquid cleanser and went back to wipes (so much for the enviroment and trying to do one little thing to help). I even stopped using my beloved Tide laundry detergent thinking maybe I was allergic to my pillow case and switched to a dye free version.
I'm starting to wonder if the re-addition of caffiene to my life is the culprit. I quit drinking pop about four years ago and have recently picked up the wonderful latte drink habit. I'm working on cutting this back from the medium to small size. If this is the cause of the break out then my latte days are numbered. I'm also thinking I just might have to break down and go see a dermatologist. I'd just like to go back to looking like this, thanks. Okay, enough complaining.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am also having this EXACT problem. It is freaking ridiculous and driving me insane. Dj hears me complain about this like every night. I to have changed facial washes and the like. I am thinking that part of my breakouts might be from the sunscreen I have been putting on my face now and again when I don't have any makeup on...I am sure that extra grease is never good for the skin. But, it's better than skin cancer I guess. Let me know if you find any tricks to have a clear face.