Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lent 2010

So Lent starts tomorrow.  I have never claimed to be a "good Catholic," nor will I be winning any awards for my churchgoing habits anytime soon. But every year I give something up for Lent. Last year I gave up chocolate. If you know me well, you'd know that chocolate used to be a food group for me. I survived the entire Lent without chocolate, even during Barstool Open when everyone returned rom the bar to Eric's house and was chomping down on Girl Scout cookies - I ate a few Lemonade cookies. These are kind of gross, by the way. And I like lemon flavored things - well I like lemons. But nowadays, I don't keep a constant stash of chocolate candy in my house, which is good.

Which brings me to Lent 2010. What am I giving up this year? Coffee, lattes and all associated drinks. Yup. I know the first few days will be hell. The caffiene headaches are never fun, but I figure I'll do what I did when I gave up drinking pop four and a half years ago, replace it with water. Luckily, when I was drinking pop it was some insane amount like 50 ounces a day. I drink 16 ounces of coffee related beverages a day. Much easier to replace with water. Thank goodness since I live in my car.

No comments: