Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 Resolutions

All right, so 2009 is over, goals for this year....

First of all, I'm going to cook more at home than I did last year. I started working on this about the last couple months of the year. So far this year, the only meal that I've eaten out is Tuesday this week when I took an agent to lunch. That doesn't really count because I recoup that cost. I ate out NYE while watching the football game. I like cooking, it's just finding recipes that are simple and small enough for one person. Eating the same thing for a week gets so old.

Also, I lucked out that my parents bought me a latte/hot drink maker for Christmas. The goal is to knock down the stops at the coffee shop from 5-6 days a week to a max of 1 - 2 days a week.. This should save me some serious cash. You know you have a latte addiction when you wake up on New Year's Day, go home (crashed at Salsa's), and think you're hungover, so you drink some water. It didn't help. So I went back to bed. Which also didn't help. So I went to my local Scooters, which knocked the problem right out. I need to find a rehab program. I went for three years with no caffiene. I can do this. Probably didn't help that I drank double rum and cokes on NYE.

Secondly, I'm going to pay off my credit cards. I'm pretty annoyed that they have a balance since I didn't have a balance on them when 2009 started. The fact that I'm carrying any balance makes me want to vomit. I'm also going to have at least a full three month emergency fund saved up. Another thing that makes me want to vomit.

And finally, in something, I'm not going to get real specific about here... I need to be more aggressive and take charge in certain areas of my life. So I'm going to deal with that, and hopefully quit messing it up.

No comments: